There is no "perfect" Datsun Roadster

To: efris@home.com
Subject: There is no "perfect" Datsun Roadster
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:10:35 -0700
All,

Good thread on the 1600 Vs. 2000 cars. I have had both (actually all three
if you count my 1500) and each has good and bad points. The 1600s have
better gearing for city driving and are easier off the line IMHO, but of
course if you have the stock radiator on it, you get to mess with
overheating issues and the top end isn't there.

The 2000s have the dreaded timing chain issue, and of course the other parts
for the U20 don't grow on trees either. But they are fun on the top end.

1600s are easier to find ( more made) and there are more parts available for
them. I still think the overall best roadster Nissan put out was the 1966
1600. Beautiful car with chrome to spare and the best looking dash I have
ever seen.

Still, it really only matters what you think, not anyone else.

My .02

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex