Another one of Daniels crazy ideas-Putting a third seat in a

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another one of Daniels crazy ideas-Putting a third seat in a
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:52:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Last weekend at the Stanford Nissian meet I was talking to a few
fellow roadsterites who have recently had babies.  There was some lamenting
going on because there is no way to carry two adults mommy-daddy and a baby
in a roadster at the same time.  That got me to thinking what about putting in
a third seat in a later model car.  Is there a difference between the 1500's
frame/body and a late model that would automatically make this impossible??
I have not been under my car recently so I don't remember exactly whats under
the package shelf. Would it be possible to cut out a rectangular section of
theh package shelf and then weld in some sort of sideways facing seat form (made
out of sheet metal and whatever approiate re-inforcing) that would be jsut
big enough to hold a child up to ~10yrs old but also be big enough to hold
a baby now with the car seat??  Wouldn't that be neat-o?? This way mommy and
daddy and baby can still enjoy nice days and the roadster.

What do you guys think??
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA