Re: Solexes 4 sale x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "David & Candy Pina" <casalp@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Solexes 4 sale x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:54:11 -0400
Dave,

Grassroots came to the same conclusion as you when they slalomed and road
tested a 240 w/side draft webers also. They suggested the owner switch back
to SUs for better low end performance and running. Most of the Solex
equipped cars are not living up to their potential because each car requires
their own set up and people don't do that they, just slap on the carbies
with no real performance gain. I drove several Solex cars and was not all
that impressed w/most of them as they had stumbling, dead spots and the
like.

I am sure a good tuner could get them to run a lot better but it takes
$$$$$$.  Dyno time requires $$$$$$.

Mike