Re: Comp springs on Ebay (also Magnesium wheels)

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Comp springs on Ebay (also Magnesium wheels)
From: "Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:35:45 -0500
Actually, they have only surface rust in a few spots.  They're mostly just
dirty.  The color is a faded yellow/orange so it looks like the whole entire
springs are rusty.  BTW, most springs are painted.  Powdercoating is done by
a few aftermarket spring companies.  I'm not sure if it really is better or
not.  Shot peening isn't a bad idea.  I was planning to glass bead them and
paint them.

BTW, what do y'all think of those magnesium Cromodora wheels?  They weigh
only 11 lbs each!  Yes, they're the same Italian manufacturer that has made
wheels for Ferrari, among others.  They're very dirty in the photo.  I've
since cleaned them and they look really nice.  They have a countersunk bolt
hole, so plain ol' conical lugnuts work perfectly.

BTW, those are Miata seats in the car.  Installed them in 1993.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=578447955&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=987459453&indexURL=0&rd=1

Best regards,
Chris Robertson