FW: What a day!

Subject: FW: What a day!
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:33:14 -0400
I couldn't agree with Michael more.  I bought my 2000 out of a junk yard
back in '83.  It had to be towed home and it spent about 9 months in the
garage before it was really road worthy (I don't mean restored, just road
worthy).  It was the nastiest looking car in my high school's parking lot.
That roadster was my first car and I still have it 17 years later.  I have
other automotive loves - E types and 911's (which aren't that expensive) are
on my list - but I've never really even thought about getting rid of the
roadster.  Part of the fun of owning one of these cars is keeping it on the
road.  And I can't think of a better way to get to know your car than to
work on it yourself.  The only piece of my car that I have not personally
disassembled/adjusted/repaired is the diff and that will likely happen soon.
As long as you have at least some mechanical inclination, the knowledge,
experiences, and intimacy with the machine that come with working on old
sports cars is not to be missed out on.  You will have a lot more pride in
your achievement if you start with something closer to it's end than it's
beginning and breath new life into it.  Before too long you'll be able to
explain to the guy down the street what a Uni-syn is, how to use it, and why
SU carbs are not so bad.
Brian