Re: What a day!

To: GoldenMaia@onebox.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What a day!
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:22:47 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/01 2:50:13 AM !!!First Boot!!!, GoldenMaia@onebox.com
writes:

<< It was nice meeting some of you at the show Sunday!  Nice to see the
 cars up close...I wasn't able to make it back for the ride due to an
appointment to see a 1600.
 ...I'm just not sure what to think about that car either.  The paint's
 bad, the interior isn't too hot, there's rust along the wheel well in
 the back and... >>

Hello,

It was great to meet you today. I was hoping to be able to give you a ride in
my roadster but maybe next time.  So you went to see a car today?  Good but I
must warn you...  Dont be taken by what you saw at the show today.  All of
the Roadsters at the show were at one time in dire straits and needed a full
restortion or rebuild.  It takes time and patience and alittle $$$.  But most
of all it takes patience.

I would always suggest that you get a car that you can drive as soon as you
pay for it.  It is terrible and quite disheartening to have a car that you
just paid for and then it doesnt even run.  You need to get in the car and
enjoy it.  Summers coming and you live in a great area for top down cruising.
 Forget about paint and interior and having the smoothest running engine.  As
long as the brakes are good and the car is safe to drive.  That is all you
should concern yourself with right now.  When winter comes along you may want
to start thinking of some small rebuilding.

Take it slow and enjoy the whole experience.  There is no hurry.  Also, try
to make it to Shasta 2001.  You will not be sorry.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion