RE: Plug Wire

To: list roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Plug Wire
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 18:08:07 -0700 (PDT)
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 DAT240Z73@aol.com (Carl) wrote:
>Does anyone knows it the plug wire for a 1970 Datsun 210 will work on
>my 69 roadster. ... I found a set for the
>210 and wanted to make sure it will work before i buy them.

  I tried an (Autozone) '70 210 set, and wasn't happy with them. Coil
to distributor wire was almost twice too long, and #1 wire was too
short. Had #2 wire fail in less than a year, altho I can't swear that
was from the same set -- I had ended up getting 2 sets and using the
best lengths of the 2.
  Pitched 'em all for a NAPA/Belden generic set that you cut to fit (not
too happy with them either, distr'r plugs keep coming apart on removal).

Dan Neff '69 2000
colorado springs, co
www.wycroc.org
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/