Re: Smoke and plug wires

To: "Annette" <squishfish@home.com>
Subject: Re: Smoke and plug wires
From: "Steve Landuyt" <stl@adnc.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:28:20 -0700
Annette,

    A white exhaust is likely caused by water, maybe a head gasket problem
(hopefully) or a crack in the block (hopefully not).   Have you checked to
see if your water level is down?  Does your oil have water in it, or vice
versa?     A number of us have experienced head gasket water leaks (mine
literally looked like huge billowing white clouds coming out of the tail
pipe),  and as a result a lot has been written in the past about diagnosing
problems from the color of the exhaust and what to do when bad things happen
to good head gaskets, if that turns out to be your problem.  The list is
archived at   www.listquest.com  .

Steve Landuyt
San Diego
SRL 311 11566 ('69)