re: seat sizing

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: seat sizing
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 07:27:37 -0700
reply to:  Subject: Tire/wheel size?  From: "Annette"
Also does anyone know the dimensions of the seats?  I've selected some I
like
and I want to order them now, but I dont have the measurements here =)
-------------------------
Annette, having gone thru the same thing recently, here is the whole set of
numbers from helpful list member Fred Johnson.  I was spec'ing Honda seats
so I needed more than usual.  Tunnel-to-door-jamb is the one that eliminates
many re-fits, but there are aftermarket ones that fit. As you can see, I was
mostly concerned with height, but the width is 20.5" at the seat hinge point
, as I remember.
from Fred:
OK, here we go;
top of seat rail to bottom of front seam:  4.5"
top of seat rail to bottom of back seam:  3.0"
top of rail to top of seat seam:  21.75"
top of rail to top of headrest (in lowest position):  30.75"
headrest alone measures around 8.75"

All measurements taken by setting seat assembly on flat floor and measuring
from the floor up, then subtracting floor to top of seat rail measurement
(which is 1.75"); this included the length of the mounting bolts, so don't
holler about the length!
seats have about 50,000 miles on them, so they're worn but not completely
shot