RE: Contact Cleaners - Now Dielectric Grease

Subject: RE: Contact Cleaners - Now Dielectric Grease
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:58:34 -0400
I use Copper Kote a lot.  It is a gasket cement.  I've never used it on
anything electrical.  Not saying it can't be used for that but it is sticky
and dries like a gasket cement.  I just used it on the gasket for my other
cars water pump - stuck to the pump on contact.  IF I were going to go to
the trouble of coating electrical contacts with something, di electric
grease would be much higher on the list.  Note too that any good electrical
contact cleaner usually has some sort of anti-corrosive in it to protect the
contact after it's been cleaned.  If you're not sure just ask the guy at
your local electronics store - a real electronics store, not Radio Shack.
It is a good idea to do something to reduce corrosion.  95% of all the
electrical problems I've encountered - including many "Lucas prince of
darkness" things - have been caused by corrosion.
Brian

        Eastwood (gotta love these guys too) sells something called copper
kote  . I think that the copper kote might be
better because it conducts and protects.  Just don't be sloppy with it or
you can short things out.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA