Re: Contact Cleaners - Now Dielectric Grease

To: LauryV@MTA.NET
Subject: Re: Contact Cleaners - Now Dielectric Grease
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:54:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
        Eastwood (gotta love these guys too) sells something called copper
kote or something like that.  Its not a di-electric grease but some sort
of conductive copper impregnated thingy (not grease).  Its supposed to protect
the connections while making a connection.
        Di-electric grease on the other hand should be more thought of as
a 'protectant' Being di-electric it will not conduct very well but it does
shield connections from corroding. I think that the copper kote might be
better because it conducts and protects.  Just don't be sloppy with it or
you can short things out.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA