RE: End United Nations tyranny inside the U.S. Petition

To: "'Patrick P. Castronovo'" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>,
Subject: RE: End United Nations tyranny inside the U.S. Petition
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:19:23 -0700
List members, please excuse the stream-of-consciousness of the following.  I
am incredibly @#$%ed that someone would use our forum for promoting their
political opinions.  I apologize for bringing such an issue to light on this
forum.
____________________________
Mr. Castronovo,
Do not ever send me a personal e-mail ever again.  Do not ever think that
you have an issue that is that important.  You don't.

I have signed up on the Datsun Roadster Weblist in order to access
information on these vehicles and their use.  While some of the content may
stray to use of a computer to access information, other vehicles, other
recreational past times that members enjoy in and around their vehicles, we
all know that what we share in common is the love (and sometimes curse) of
owning these cars, not viewpoints on politics, gender, race, etc..

The list does not include political statements or endorsements.  The use of
the member e-mail list in order to support or condone a political viewpoint
is in very bad taste and I would consider unethical.  I would imagine that
there will be a significant number of members exiting from the Datsun
Roadster list because of the crossing of this line, and preventing me from
accessing the knowledge of these helpful individuals because of your
travesty is a shame, and defeating to the cause of keeping these vehicles
alive.

If you are in doubt as to whether this was in bad taste, in the list of
sendees below is the name of George W Bush.
Imagine the response members of the list would receive in requests for
support from Nissan Corporate when it becomes known that members of this
marque-supportive group are using member personal e-mail addresses to
circulate political opinions.  The fact that you did not send it to the list
in general means that you considered the fact that it was inappropriate, and
you should have also considered that using the list posting for accessing
e-mail addresses was also inappropriate.

I hope my point is clear.  If you continue to respond to me in any way
concerning this issue, you have missed the point of the very first statement
of this message.
I have copied the members of the list in order to make my viewpoints on the
ethics of the use of my e-mail address clear to those that are in question.
That being said, in the year I have been on the list, none have crossed this
line except you.

Fergus O'Farrell
HB, CA