Re: light switch frustration ongoing

To: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>,
Subject: Re: light switch frustration ongoing
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
Something you said (see below) strikes a note, since I
just dissassembled and cleaned my trun signal/hi/lo
beam stalk.  It is worth checking.  I had the same
symptom after the FIRST time I re-installed my stalk.
The problem was that the hi/lo beam contact needed to
be on the back side of the hub, but hard to install it
that way (while trying to keep all of the springs and
contacts in the right position while installing (5 or
six small hands would have helped).  Anyway, pulled
and installed again making sure the contact went
behind the hub, and voila! it works.  On an older car
(mine is a '66) you can tell if it is installed
incorrectly before taking it all apart by looking thru
the hole in the left center of the stalk and if the
contact is visible, it is wrong.  Hope this makes some
kind of sense, if not come back to me...

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC

BTW, mine was stuck on high, not low, but these cars
vary.....

--- "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
  Oh yah, and the high