light switch frustration ongoing

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: light switch frustration ongoing
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:21:05 -0700
Okay,
nobody wins a cookie for diagnosing my non-running tail lights, but Brian
(see below) comes the closest.
I followed what he had below, but FOUND power thru the G/W wire, took out
the light switch, verified continuity from the soldered connection to the
plug, dismantled it, and made sure all contacts were OK.
Maybe I have brought something else into the equation.  Concurrently with
the onset of this, I installed a Grant steering wheel, and now my horn
wiring is fully functioning.  But, I am wondering if the cosmetic black
sheet metal 'cuff' that they give you is not cobbling up some connection. (I
would think not, else the horn would blow, and the high beams are not
related to tail running lights)
Still confounded, but thanks for everyones help.
Fergus O
69 2000
the situation: all tail lights work fine until headlights are turned on,
then tail running lights and dash gauge lights do not work, and high beam
light on dash is always on.  Oh yah, and the high beam switch doesn't switch
them to high anymore, it just leaves them the same on both settings. (I am
not positive but I think this worked before the new steering wheel... hmmmm)