idle problem solved !

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: idle problem solved !
From: Stephan Sochoux <sochoux@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:57:22 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

Thanks for all your suggestions, but noone gets a
cookie. The cause: the inner nut holding the throttle
shaft to the rear carb (SUs) came lose which prevented
the throttle to completely return to its resting
position. How did i find out ?  Well, the nut came off
on my way home from work and the throttle got wedged
in the wide open position! Yikes !! Glad i quickly got
my fingers to the kill switch... i was in rush hour
traffic and about to enter a 4 way intersection
(Woodside & Middlefield for you BADROCers), a horrible
place to breakdown...  some nice guy helped me push
the roadster across the intersection to a safe place
where i called tow truck...

Stephan
'69 2000