RE: Jets for Solex

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Jets for Solex
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:24:26 -0800
I was contemplating a DIS for the roadster and found a great site about a
home built one through http://www.diy-efi.org/  . The system talked about
has fully programmable timing curves so you could really dial your car in
without depending on springs or vacuum. After reading everything there, I
think it could be done using the distributor with a Hall Effect sensor on
the side to spin a timing gear where the rotor used to be. The most
difficult thing would be cutting the gear, but it really does not even have
to be too fancy. I looked up the price on a good sensor and you can get one
for about $10. Then you would be looking at needing two coils at whatever
they cost, and the processor and associated electronics which probably
wouldn't be more than $20, then of course the timing gear. Just something I
was pondering for someday in the future...

BTW, this site also has good resources and links for what you need to know
to do a home grown EFI system. As far as the manifolds are concerned, I was
thinking you could probably  weld in four inserts near the head flange and
stuff the injectors in there. The other end should not be too difficult to
adapt to a throttle body and any other sensors needed.

I am really interested in anyone who have more thoughts and ideas on this
subject. I think it would be a pretty fun project.

Brian '68 1600