engine hoist

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine hoist
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:44:16 -0600
I have a foldable hoist from Harbor Freight, on sale at about $200, and from
the same place I got what Thomas was describing. The fancy name for it is
"Two Ton Hoist Balance With 2 Piece Chain", and mine has a hand crank to
screw the balance point forward and back on a threaded rod. It allows you to
easily adjust the angle of the engine and transmission as you put them in
the engine compartment, without readjusting the chains on the hoist.  I got
two for $19 as a promotional bonus and gave one of them to Andy.  The
foldable hoist takes about a two foot by three foot area of garage space,
and the adjustable puller hangs from a rafter.  The hoist will lift a 2 ton
load with the sliding arm all the way in.  If you collapse the jack piston
all the way into it's housing to keep it from rusting, you can store the
hoist on your patio.  Put a few plants around it and pretend it's one of
those "foot square gardens" so popular nowadays.  Wrap it in burlap, plant
"chia pet" seeds on it, and have a topiary all your neighbors will envy.
Build a box around it, fill the box with audio speakers, and have an outdoor
"surround sound" entertainment center.  The mind boggles at the
possibilities!

By the way, the TDROC Spring Fling is getting closer and closer.  May 4-6
are the magic dates. This is our Tenth Anniversary meet, so all you
TDROC'ers need to come and celebrate.  We welcome all other roadsterites as
well.  Let me know.  Mike Adams is in charge of the Spring Fling, and any
questions you have should go to him.  I'm just the shill.

Leisure Suit Terry