removing comp oil pan with engine in car.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: removing comp oil pan with engine in car.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:51:56 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        I am trying to chase down the leaks in my car.  I know I have a
pretty good one coming from the oil pan gasket.  Seems like some of the
bolt heads are sheared off and theh pan is leaking from there.  Is there any
way to remove the comp pan while the engine is still in the car??
By the way what are the torque specs for the oil pan bolts?? And no I did not
break them it came that way but I was too        dumb to  notice them till
after the engine was in the car.....
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA