Re: She's coming home =)

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: She's coming home =)
From: dtn <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:41:37 -0800
Annette,

An old neighbor of mine had an cherry picker style engine hoist.  It was
one of the handiest tools I borrowed from him.  After moving I would
rent them from the local rental place.  I could hook it up to the
trailer hitch and bring it home.  No truck, see Nissan Frontier thread.
I would have multiple sets of engine parts, so when something would go
wrong with the trans, rebuild one and have it ready to go, so I could
pull the engine/trans and replace it in one day and take back the hoist.
Although pulling an engine is something that I've done more than 5 times
it is not the thing that I do on a regular basis so I just rent one when
I need it.  Also space is at a premium currently.

Things to think about:  make sure that the width is narrow enough to get
between the front wheels and does it disassemble easily.  For things
that I use infrequently Harbor Freight quality seems good enough.  For
high use items I would go with higher quality.

Enjoy,

Dana