Re: Corbeau Seats

To: Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corbeau Seats
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:13:07 EST
In a message dated 3/28/01 7:48:50 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com writes:

> I gotta quite surfing so much...  Anyway, has anyone tried out any
> aftermarket seats like these?  I like the unique look and wonder if anyone
> is familiar with these.

  Mark typing here;
  Gee maybe I just oughta subscribe m'self.....nah this is more fun<G>

       I've got a Corbeau Forza seat in the infamous Cortina.  It's been in
there for about 3 years now and is holding up quite well for being a velour
covered seat in a daily driver.  It gets exposed to the desert sun everyday
and the only problem has been that it faded a bit. Easily cured with a little
bit of spray dye and a thorough cleaning.
  One of the local off road shops is switching to them exclusively because of
their exposure resistance. Seems the Beards they had been using last only
about 6-10 months.
  The seating position on it is a little more upright than I was used to at
first, but once over that hurdle it's been quite comfortable.
  I don't recall seeing a Roadster mounting in their catalogue
(www.corbeau.com), but I imagine a simple spacer should work-perhaps even
bolting it directly to the floor.
  Corbeau themselves are very good to deal with. They'll answer any questions
posed email within a couple of days, and point you to the local dealer.

  The only downside is that your kids will immediately note it's resemblance
to a child safety restraint and refer to it constantly as your "Baby Seat"

Mark not
Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311