Re: Paint / Body Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint / Body Questions
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:56:09 -0800
Ryan Bird wrote "what is the preferred way to paint the car"?

I have similar questions.  I'm contemplating doing a poor schmuck paint
job to replace the crummy Earl Schieb special (you know it was Earl when
the undercarriage spare tire is painted).  I was hoping to hand wet sand,
throw a coat of primer on with spray cans, and follow with enamel from
spray cans.  Sounds tacky I know, but I can't imagine it will be any worse
than what I have now, and at least it will be near the eventual color I
want.  Is this an idiotic idea or does it have some potential.  If not,
what are my next cheapest options?  Should I have the whole thing media
blasted?