Coiled again!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coiled again!
From: "Craig Odell" <CDADDYO@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:40:50 -0800
List,

See if you can help me with this one.
Last week I installed an MDS coil to hopefully get a nicer spark that would
help to cure a gas ping problem.
I installed it and took it for a test. It hesitated and burped and misfired
all over the place. I had run out of daylight so I reinstalled my stock
coil. Now it misses at higher revs, sounds funky at idle and just does not
have the same kinda power. All the connections are solid and the plugs are
good. My carbs need rebuilding but I don't see how this could have made them
worse.
Thanks for reading this and TIA for any help.

Craig Odell
68 2000