69 Jockey Box Lock

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 69 Jockey Box Lock
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:41:37 -0800
OK, I think I got the cig lighter and jockey box paint issue handled, now
I have the jockey box lock issue to deal with.  My box lid got stuck in
the locked position.  After jimmying it open, I discovered that the bottom
portion of the latch has broken off, which doesn't allow the shaft to push
against it and release the top from the clasp fastened to the lid.  Is
this something a common locksmith could repair?  I could pull the latch,
but then nothing would hold the spring loaded lid down.  Plus, it is kind
of nice to have something to lock stuff in while you run inside a store
for a minute or two.  Any suggestions?  Does anyone sell whole new
assemblies that I could get keyed?

69SRL
NOWROC
Troutdale, OR  (raining but top down cruise just a few weeks away)