Re: choke cable and other things

Subject: Re: choke cable and other things
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 05:33:30 -0500
Here's another suggestion:

I had these symptoms about 10 years ago, right after I had tuned the car up
(new points, plugs, set timing, etc).  Thought I had done something wrong.
Max rpm got progressively lower the longer I drove the car.  Turned out it
was water in the fuel.  You should be able to see if there is water in the
fuel filter.  If you can see water in the filter, you can bet that there is
water in the float bowls as well.  Drain the fuel tank, install a new
filter, and clean out the float bowls.

Best Regards,
--
Chris Coker