Roadsters as Vintage Racecars

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadsters as Vintage Racecars
From: Tim72354@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 07:23:18 EST
I am planning to buy a vintage production racecar in the next year and while
logic(?) has been steering my research towards (gasp) early BMC based cars
(e.g. Bugeyes, Turners, MGA) my heart has me looking at roadsters.  I would
like to hear from anyone who has experience campaigning a roadster in road
racing, especially as a vinatge racer.  I am curious to hear how competitive
they are, thoughts on 1500 vs 1600 vs 2000 and any caveats particularly about
support.  I will be running primarily in the NE.
Also,
There are two cars for sale listed on race-cars.com
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/fair15/fair15ss.htm
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/dat-66/dat-66ss.htm
Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks