Re: Needed: A Roadster friendly machine shop <long?>

To: "Richard Rudden" <sequoia12@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Needed: A Roadster friendly machine shop <long?>
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:29:37 -0800
Be careful on Local!  If these guys (oh yeah I can do this Job) have never
had one of these heads in their shop, they are experimenting.  I took my U20
head to a shop for a crack between 2+3 cylinder and they milled the head to
remove the crack.. by the time he was through the crack was gone and so was
most of the combustion chamber.  I had to have Cam tower shims made special
to stretch the cam timing chain back to proper tension.  I did'nt realize
that when you loosen the cam towers you need to realign the cam towers.  I
did not break my cam ( I don't drive it anymore for now) and before I do i
will get a new/used head and send/take my old head  with the cam in place to
CDM and let them rework it to the right specifications.  No guess work
there.
Pat