Odd Theft Deterrent

To: "List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Odd Theft Deterrent
From: "Doris" <dhbain@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:59:24 -0700
Went to start the the Roadster and got the solenoid death
click, then nothing, not even a horn chirp.

Soooo, we charged the battery and tried again.  Same thing.

Knowing that battery had nothing wrong with it and the
starter is new, I removed the positive cable and reconnected
it.  I then hit the horn for a toot and got my noisy report
for the thumbs up response and turned the key.  Yep, it
started.  This is the third time it's done that.  Seems like
juice has to run through some wires first before it will
crank.

Odd way to start a car.  Who needs a starter kill switch
when it won't do anything without a horn toot first?