Brake Bleeding <OT 240Z>

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Bleeding <OT 240Z>
From: <Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:50:58 -0600
I bled the crap outta my brakes (or so I thought).  I kept the GT Lima
flowing and just about went through a whole big bottle (quart?).  My
methodology was to hook a long clear tube to the bleeder screw, make one
loop in the hose and have it drain into a jar sitting higher than the tire.
I started at the farthest point and worked my way forward, ending with the
master cylinder.  Took me about an hour.  Well, my brakes are firm every
other time I press the pedal.

Do I still have air on the line?
What should I do different?
Since there is a brake booster, should I have had the car running?

Help is appreciated.

Marietta, GA
1968 2000
1973 240Z