Re: Various Fluid Drippings

To: <HIGHKIX4@aol.com>, <datsunroadsters@onelist.com>,
Subject: Re: Various Fluid Drippings
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:16:18 -0800
Wipe your oil pan clean and take another ride.  I thought my rear main
seal was bad when oil was dripping from the trans. housing.  It turned
out the be the timing  chain cover and the oil was running back over
the pan and collecting at the back end.  I did change the rear seal
but 'cause the engine was out for clutch change.  I had to remove the
main bearing caps and lift the crank as far as I dared to get the rear
seal in.  I also had the help of an experienced mechanic when the seal
was changed.  Its definitely a job for an engine stand  If you do the
rear seal, do the whole engine while you are at it...
daveS