newer gauges in a high windshield car.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: newer gauges in a high windshield car.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:23:16 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        I know that I asked this  before but I did not really get the
kinda replys that I was looking for. Here is my near term upgrade path for
my car.  I  need a new  windshield badly and a new  dash cap.  From what
I am  told I should remove the old  windshield to  install the dashcap.  This
should work out cause I need a new windshield, if I can find one. Now while
in between me ripping out the old dashcap and puttnig in a new one...that seems
like a  good time to mess with the gauges.  How  does one  remove the stock
gauges.  Can the stock  gaauges be removed with the dashcap on?
In fact how does one  remove the stock high windshield dash??  Do I need to
remove the dash to remove the gauges??
  My MSD unit has a tach output so I will  be using an electric tach.
What about electric  speedo gauges?? Do they  work from a sender similar to
my bike  computer speedo that I have now??
                Thanks for any  input,
                        Daniel 69 2000
                        SF CA