My Solex's up for sale...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: My Solex's up for sale...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 00:20:52 EST
I have a set of Solex's that I am going to put up for sale on eBay.  They
were installed in my 67.5 2000 when I bought it in '97.  THey are in
excellant shape and the only reason I removed them from my car is that they
make too much noise and set of car alarms all of the time.

Of course I am kidding.  I was able to get an original set of 67.5 Solex's so
I didnt need them anymore.  I have them carefully packed away in a box on my
little garage.  Every once in awhile I pull them out to look at them.  They
work very well!  I used them at the racetrack for two years and they never
missed a beat!  I have taken the car up to an indicated 125mph which probably
means more like 118.  I have also taken it up to 7000 without problem.

They are clean too.  Not polished!  Just very clean.  I was starting to
polished the rectangular covers on it but I didnt do any of the other parts.
The carbs were also drained and dryed prior to packing away.

Oh yeah... most importantly this includes the manifold.  The manifold is
alittle dirty so it can use a good cleaning.  This manifold was never
installed in my Roadster.  ;>)  So that means all you need to do is slap them
onto your 2000.  Well, you do need an aircleaner.  And to get more
performance you should install a Solex "B" Camshaft.

I would like $1,000 for the set with manifold.  This is the Roadster List
price.  I will put it on eBay and hope for more if nobody needs it.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
1967.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html

ps:  I really dont want to sell them.  I would like to keep them as spares
but I want to buy this really cool leather motorcycle jacket and ..........  ;