reply: Miata hard top on a roadster?

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: reply: Miata hard top on a roadster?
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:12:39 -0800
ref: message below
Okay, okay, so I was greatfully donated a hardtop from a very helpful list
member and am in the process of experimenting with different materials and
surface preps in order to achieve this smooth finish. (keyword: without
adding too much weight)  I promise to post pictures, but projects (i.e.
trans oil retention, new seats for comfy tailbone) seem to keep moving up
the list ahead of it.  (yah, the fact that CDM did a beautiful job repairing
my front bow helped it slip down the list as well)
In reality, the smooth finish is not the challenge, but a good bond to the
surface so that it doesn't come off in sheets like a bad (thick) bondo job
is the obstacle to overcome.
more updates as time permits,
Fergus O