Re: Alarm Install questions

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Alarm Install questions
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:40:50 -0600
I have a couple of ideas that I will be looking in to for alarm operation.

It is much mor likely that a thief will be abandoning a vehicle if it geth
him/her out into the roadway then either quits or goes up in smoke.  Allow
the car to start normally, then, in about 15 seconds or so, kill the ignition.
This can be done by putting a time delay fuse in series with the wire to
the coil.  Choose a fuse value that will give you the delay you like.

The second thing that I want to look at is putting a piece of resistance wire in
a chemical that will give of clouds of smoke when heated.  Put this under the
dash an/or in the engine compartment.

Peace,
Pat

--

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner