Re: [none]

To: list roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [none]
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 07:47:49 -0800 (PST)
Sun, 04 Mar 2001 Ryan Roswell Bird <BirdMan@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> I am the proud new owner of an early '67 1600.

congrats Ryan!!

>...  The car I bought is mechanically sound and has no significant
>rust.
[...]
>   My goal for the car is to have a fun driver car,
[...]
>... I've ordered a complete interior kit, a new dash, and a complete
>weatherstripping kit.  ... and will be taking the car to a local Viet
>auto-body shop for the body work / paint.

Well, having been there, done that, I thought I'd throw my $.02 in.
I _thought_ I had bought a mechanically sound roadster 3.5 yrs ago. I
had my restoration wish-list all put together before I got it licensed.
The list grew longer the better I got to know roadsters.
 HA!!
 With emphasis on *IF* you want a driver, I'd recommend you don't empty
your wallet on cosmetics for awhile.. Drive it for awhile, and make sure
it's going to hold up. You wouldn't believe the list of mech'l/electrical
things I've had to do to keep mine running.. But it's a DAILY driver too.
And worth it (so far.. it's pushing it's luck as of late though).

dan neff    '69 2000
Colorado Springs, CO
WyCROC
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/