FW: Pledge vs. Baby oil

To: "Datsun-Roadsters" <Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Pledge vs. Baby oil
From: "Lehinger" <Lehinger@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 18:29:58 -0500
here you go....baby oil..
Lee Ehinger
OROC
Ft Wayne IN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Alex Avery
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:12 AM
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Pledge vs. Baby oil

A recent post suggested using pledge on interior vinyl.  Here's another
"alternative" treatment.

Earlier this year, after I got the newly remanufactured '68 2000 dash back
from "Just Dashes for Classic Cars," I called to ask them about what the
best cleaner/conditioner to use would be--after all, since they're in the
business of making brand new, remanufactured dashes they ought to know how
to take care of 'em, right?  The woman there told me they recommend baby
oil!

I thought she was kidding, so I laughed and said, "No, really.  What do you
recommend."  "Baby oil."  She said it didn't break down the foam material
as readily as armor all and the silicone-based stuff.

Has anyone else heard of this or regularly used baby oil on their dash?
I've not treated the dash with anything yet, as it is so new.  But I'll
soon have to start using something to keep it looking nice.  I'm reluctant
to use baby oil until I've heard from others with long-term experience that
it works.

By the way, it cost ~$700 to redo the dash and center console on the 2000
(not including the radio surround).

Alex Avery
'68 2000 (dad's)
'76 and ''78 280z (mine, :-)