How do I install my seats?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: How do I install my seats?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:51:57 -0800 (PST)
OK, I just returned from the local Mazda wrecking yard with a pair of
'95 Mazda Miata seats, black cloth, pretty darn good condition.

I want to get them installed right away.  For those who have done it,
can you tell me again what I need to do?  I see there is one spike on
each track, and I believe you said to cut this off, right?  Then, there
is a metal tray beneath the seat that extends below the track, which
will interfere once I bend the four mounting holes flat.  Do I just
whack this with a rubber mallet until it's shorter than the rails?  If
so, is this the same method used to whack the distributor?  :^)

Does anyone have recommendations for speakers for the headrests?  I've
got the pockets but no speakers or wires.  I figure it's best to put
those in now so I'm ready to connect to the stereo once it's installed
without pulling the seats out.

Thanks,
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181