Re: Vaseline (was: Installing and Removing Dash Caps)

To: "\"ROADSTER (E-mail)\"" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Vaseline (was: Installing and Removing Dash Caps)
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:12:43 -0800
I used gobs of White Vaseline Medicated Rub.  Be sure to use it on a hot day
with the sun shining through the windsheild so it will help liquify it so it
will pennetrate the material.  Leave it there while it is hot, the hotter
the better.  Leaving it there when it is cold will be of no benefit, and
will be hard to remove the residue. Remove it after about 1 hour when it is
still hot.  I used Paper towels.  It will shine like it is still wet.  I
have done it to my 1998 Nissan Altima also.  The Dash, Steering wheel,
Doors, everywhere it has plastic or vinyl.  Pat