RE: ENGINE SWAPS> XR4Ti

To: "'Ben Herman'" <ben.herman@excite.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ENGINE SWAPS> XR4Ti
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:39:09 -0800
We had an XR4Ti and it was a great power plant---for us.  We never had any
problems with it.  However, many many other owners had long, sad tales of
woe.  If you ran the car hard and then just shut it off the turbo had no oil
pumped to it (the engine was shut off) to cool it.  Not good!!  You needed
to let it idle for a while after a hard run to let the oil cool down the
turbo.

Investigate the motor carefully before you buy one.

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.
SM 2000/2