Re: Chrome prices bad any ideas?

To: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>,
Subject: Re: Chrome prices bad any ideas?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:20:05 -0500
Pat,

I mentioned a while ago that older cars had the bumpers and other bits zinc
plated first to be used as a sacrificial anode to prevent rust. The article
said the chrome plating lasted much longer.

So Chris, you're learning about restoring a car and the $$$$$ involved in
plating :(  It's the labor involved and the worse the condition of the part
the more $$$$$ it is.

Mike