the hood is on!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: the hood is on!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:40:08 -0800
My son and I got the hood on today.
We fashioned an emergency hood release cable and installed it then stuck on
the D A T S U N logo, making sure not to spell any dirty words. Mark and I
then spent an hour or so sweating and cursing, trying to get the hood hinges
installed properly. Well, she opens and closes without taking off paint, but
we left the latch for another day. It just won't lock without getting stuck!

The interior still looks like the car has been sitting out in a field due to
the great turn signal rebellion, but boy does she look good with the hood
on. Will shoot some pics just as soon as I get my new computer up and
running--this one will have a CD writer to back things up properly!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600