Re: 7" wheels

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Subject: Re: 7" wheels
From: Fred Davidson <fred.davidson@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 10:48:45 -0500
Laury, Victor wrote:

> Does anyone have a set of 14X7's that fit a roadster, but are now off the
> car? I need (fast) the back space measure. Please place a straight edge
> across the back of the wheel and measure the distance from the mounting
> plane to the straight edge. A racer Coworker will give me a set of (240z)
> Shelbys only if I'm sure I can use them.
>
> Please respond to the list. Cause I would be back to this Email address
> unitll next Tuesday.
>
> Victor Laury
> Environmental Inspector
> Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
> Quality Assurance Department
> Environmental Compliance Management
> (213) 922-5795
> (213) 922-5142 Fax
> 900 Lyon Street
> 30-2-1
> Los Angeles, CA 90012-2952

Victor:

Sorry for the delay in the response but here it is.

I have run 7" Panasports with 195/60x14 Yokohama and 6.5" Minilite with
195/60x14 BFGs with no problems. The Panasports have been on the car for
about 11 years (streeet/autocross)-  and the minilites (autocross & solo
I)

The inside lip of the rear fender bent up slightly at 10 o'clock looking
straight on the wheel opening - that is were the tire comes closest to
the fender.

I have had no rubbing at any time. The car has stock early 1600 springs
rear and competition springs in front with no insulation rubbers.

The car can be seen on the Mark Dent/Charlie Ellis calender from last
year - "Miss April".

I believe however each roadster is a little different!! So Measure!!

Hope this helps

Fred
--
Fred Davidson