Re: OT-Metal Cutting

To: rulee@cityscape.net
Subject: Re: OT-Metal Cutting
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:10:45 -0800 (PST)
Hello,
        Man there is just never a easy answer is there.... I REALLY can not
afford a plasma cutter.  What I need is one tool that will work on rectangular
and round tubing and on flat (up to 3/8") metal.  Mostly I will be cutting
regular mild steel.  I would like to do some 'artwork' type stuff in stainless.
        It sounds like a bandsaw is the best comprimise.  I was originally
hoping that one of the variable speed benchtop bandsaws might be able to  do
all this??  What do you think?? Do I have to get an expensive floor models or
will a cheaper <200 bucks model do the job??
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA