re: drilled and slotted rotors

To: Datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: drilled and slotted rotors
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:48:59 -0800
<<List,
I am considering replacing my standard rotors with the drilled and
slotted rotors for my 67.5.
Has anyone used these on the street?
If so, is there much difference in braking with these as compared to to
standard rotors?
Is there any increased or decreased noise?
I would think there may be an improvement in fade resistance.
Maybe a slight decrease in unsprung weight.
Anything else?

I had slotted rotors (3) on a motorcycle I had.  I was told that it was
completely for aesthetics.  And yes, they did look very cool.  It went
fast.  It stopped fast.  But I actually preferred driving the datsun.
The problem with the bike was it handled too well - I had to go so damn
fast to feel like I was going fast.  That's why I like my roadster
(ducking and running for cover).

Mark Miller
69 RHD fairlady 2000