Re: OT- bolting things to concrete floors.

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: OT- bolting things to concrete floors.
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 18:40:09 -0800
Daniel Neuman wrote:

> Hello All,
>         I want to  bolt a piece of metal working equipment (tube bender)
> to my garage floor.  Never done anything like it before can someone please
> give me a few pointers??
>                 Thanks,
>                         Daniel 69 2000
>                         SF CA

Daniel,
If you are bolting it to a concrete floor, you will need to drill some holes
in the floor with a hammer drill.  A regular drill will work but the hammer
drill with a carbide bit works easier.  You will need to know what size to
drill by the type of fastener used.

Next you will need a special type bolt from a hardware store.  Can't remember
the name of them but it is like a big molybolt.  It will expand in the hole
once you tighten the bolt or nut down.

Actually there are 2 kinds.    1 is a 2 part sleeve that you slip into the
hole and then run a bolt into the sleeves.
The other one is the expandable sleeve that is already part of the bolt with a
nut on it.  Either will work.
 If you want to take it with you later the one with the 2 piece sleeve and
bolt will usually come back out of the floor.
Bob