autox / engine swap

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: autox / engine swap
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:20:52 -0800
I heard that there was going to be autocross run at Anaheim Stadium parking
lot (or the Pond).  anyone heard this?

Interesting threads on engine swaps.  when you see V8 Z-cars for $18,000 and
$1800 in the same paper, you know some have been done well and some are
frame twisters.  There is an engine bay picture of a 300Z (VG30?) swap in a
510 on the 510 webpage, in the classifieds. (If it is in the stock mount
location, this could be real nose-heavy I bet)
Gordon mentioned that moving the engine aft is limited by the tailshaft
contacting the X-member.  I'm puzzled.  Doesn't the back end of the trans
sit atop the X-member, so moving it aft would just elevate it, making the
driveshaft angle weird?  I'm doing this from memory of the day Paul Bauman's
went together, so I may be totally off-base.
mental picture gallery closed for remodeling,
Fergus O