Fwd: 69 datsun - flare advice

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: 69 datsun - flare advice
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:35:25 EST
Got this in my mailbox - maybe someone who has done flares can lend the voice
of experience here...........

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ
From: "McCarney Family" <jjdt@enter.net>
To: <spl311rdst@aol.com>
Subject: 69 datsun
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:23:53 -0800

Hello,
    My father and i are restoring a 69 datsun roadster.  We have the engine
running great.  The problem is the rust we got the patch panels and chemicals
to fix it along with everything else.  We are trying to figure out what to do
with the rear panel above the wheel. Its pretty bad.  Someone said if you
wanted to,  it would just be as easy to flare the wheel instead of put the
regular curve back in. Is it true?  After thinking about this and seeing a
datsun with a porshe type flare and it looked good so we thinking about doing
that.  do you know how they got these flares and would it be easy. Thank you.
taylor