Holiday Meet and farewell party

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Holiday Meet and farewell party
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:00:38 -0800
Hello All,

Those of us who live on the West Coast are lucky in that we don't have to
put our cars away for the winter or wait for the salt to wash off the roads
before we can drive again. Unfortunately for me, I am about to experience
the feeling of having no roadster to drive as my 67.5 2000 Solex car will be
taken off the road and disassembled at the end of December on its way
torestoration.

But before it goes, I would like to invite anyone who wants to come, and
most certainly SoCalROC members to a "Holiday Meet" and also farewell party
for SRL311-00489 as you know him now. When he comes back, he will be VERY
different than the way he is now.

The idea (thanks Les) is to meet in the parking lot at the Irvine Spectrum
and then go to Dave and Busters and have some fun while we race each other
in the nascar simulations. If you have never been to Dave and Busters, you
are missing out. Yes, it's an arcade, but it's designed for adults. I
PROMISE you will have a great time.

My idea is to have the event on Sunday, December 17th at around 11 AM. Since
it will be the height of the Christmas shopping season, I propose we meet in
the far Southeast corner of the parking lot as near as we can get to the
I-405/I-5 junctions.

It is very easy to find the Irvine Spectrum. It is located at the meeting of
I-405 and I-5 in Irvine. I will make a map and post it for those who would
like one. Also, the spectrum has a TON of shops and things to do so you cold
also make a dent in your holiday shopping lists.

Please let me know off-list if you would like to come.

Thanks!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC (soon to be NOROC)

P.S. Here is a link to Dave and Buster's Website
http://www.daveandbusters.com