electrically impaired

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrically impaired
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:38:23 -0800 (PST)
Hey, Gurus!
Roman here again.
thanks to one and all for the tips Re: alt problems.

here is the current deal;

Ammeter acts like a tach. revs go up ammeter goes up. at idle  it reads
a small charge, as the idle goes up the ammeter goes up to 30+

every thing else electrically works fine!

I checked all grounds, switched voltage regulators and switched
batterys with items known to be good.
NO CHANGE!!
some one suggested that something was drawing a lot of current, I can't
imagine what. the car does this when nothing is on.

I did repace the coil, could a wrong coil have anything to do with it?

TIA,
Baffled,
Roman

http://calendar.yahoo.com/