Door Kick Plates

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Kick Plates
From: Michael Tarelka <mtarelka@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:20:58 -0700
--------------4C4E00A95189302D0C8707EA

Group,

I just redid the door kick plates on my 1600 and they turned out very
well.  I had 3 for the car and all of them had that dull oxidized look,
with some rusting (I still don't know how aluminum rusts).  At first I
tried the steel wool routine that Roman, mentioned in an earlier post -
not for me.

I had the plates glass blasted, which rendered them a dull grey, not too
cool a look; I almost panicked.  I then took them to a commercial
painter who had a swatch of metal powder coat he thought would be OK.
The result is beautiful, you can't tell the difference between the color
of the plates and the matching door trim.  The minimum for the paint job
was $100, but he told me he could do 6 or 8 for the same price.  The
glass blasting was $30, which also was a minimum charge.

Michael Tarelka
Alameda, CA

--------------4C4E00A95189302D0C8707EA
 name="mtarelka.vcf"