strange number found

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: strange number found
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:10:24 -0700
I was doing some cleaning on Sunday, and found a number stamped into the 45
degree strut between the grille crossbar and the 'body' (never had the
fenders off, so I don't know exactly where they separate), on the diriver
side.
Is this a fender part number?  It starts with 88-0xxxx, and the 0xxxx
doesn't match the body or the engine #. (the 88 may have a letter after it,
it would require several coats of paint removal to find out)
Just curious.

Okay, gotta come clean with the Roadster family.  Got so stressed out by
work demands (and logistics is not my strong suit) that I got my car all
prepped and ready, packed it up with the girlfriend and cooler and traveled
down to Doheny Beach on Sunday the 14th of October.
Lovely location but no roadster crowd when you arrive TWO WEEKS EARLY.

dumber than your average bear, ate everything in the pic-a-nic basket,
Fergus O'Farrell
69 2000